Friday

Bisous Minerals Makeup Review

I stumbled upon Bisous Minerals (www.bisousminerals.com) over a year ago and have to say, I believe I've found my holy grail. Their philosophy regarding mineral makeup really resonated with me. However, the thing that really sold me was their custom blending service which they provide at no additional charge.

I initially ordered their 4-Piece Sample Kit which came with a free travel mini kabuki brush. After testing the different colors, I realized that my skintone was between fair and light and my undertone was golden. I ended up purchasing their Mini-Kit which included a full size foundation, full size finishing veil, 2 synthetic brushes (one is a flat-top and the other a powder brush). Bisous Minerals custom blended for me a Fair-Light Golden foundation. No more wasting money buying several shades and having to mix them to get the correct shade.

I love the foundation coverage and how it looks on my face, not shiny but also not matte and their finishing veil is amazing. The synthetic brushes included in the Mini-Kit are the best I have ever used. I ended up throwing away my natural hair brushes.

I experienced no itching or rash, and it kept my oiliness at bay. I can't say enough about Bisous Minerals and have recommended several friends to the brand. They too are extremely happy. Their prices are pretty reasonable, they're not the cheapest but not the most expensive.

A brief background on myself: I am a 28yr old Southeast Asian woman who suffers from moderate to severe adult-acne with excessive oily skin. Mineral makeup was recommended by my dermatologist and has been a godsend for me. I initially started with Bare Escentuals as I had seen their infomercials. Unfortunately, I experienced itching, breakouts, and didn't like the "shiny" appearance.



I then tried other mineral makeup from major to minor brands such as Sheer Coverage, L'Oreal Bare Naturale, Physicians Formula, Everyday Minerals, and Face Value. I was never quite happy with the performance or coverage of the makeup and had difficulty finding a color that would match my skintone, it was either too pink, too orange, or too yellow. I also discovered that a common ingredient in a lot of mineral makeup, bismuth oxychloride, is actually a synthetic mineral and that boron nitride, a high end mineral, also caused me to itch and breakout.

Good pure ingredients found in these cosmetics. They make quite a few products but here are the ingredients from a few:

Weightless Lasting Foundation: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Iron Oxides, Silica, Allantoin.

Translucent and Tinted Glow Finishing Veils: Mica, Silica, Titanium Dioxide. May contain Iron Oxides.

Bronzer: Mica, Iron Oxides, Zinc Oxide

If you check these products out make sure to look at their ingredient page. They have a nice ingredient comparison for some of the major brands.

Good well organized site with plenty of helpful information to make trying mineral makeup easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment