Wednesday

Body Shop Mineral Makeup

I found the Body Shop mineral foundation gave quite good coverage, but on drier patches of skin was unflatteringly noticable. I wouldn't feel comfortable wearing it out.

I am wondering if this reviewer only had this problem with this particular brand of mineral makeup. I have found that dry patches are harder to deal with with most any makeup. My makeup goes on so much smoother when I exfoliate, moisturize and make sure to allow the moisturizer time to dry.

This particular product from The Body Shop called Nature's Mineral Foundation contains all natural ingredients. The two here that I haven't seen used in other mineral makeups that have been reviewed so far are the minerals Kaolin and Illite. Both of these are clays that should help absorb oils and help bind the makeup to the skin.

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Titanium Dioxide (24.4%). INGREDIENTS: Kaolin, Illite. May Contain: Mica, Iron Oxides

I have always admired Anita Rodrick the founder of the Body Shop who led the way in sourcing fair trade ingredients and in creating products that were and I believe still are cruelty free. Loreal, the present owner, has maintained these values and hopefully will eliminate animal testing themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment