Sunday

Sheer Cover Mineral Makeup Review

I decided to try Sheer Cover Mineral Makeup after watching the infomercial for it several times. It seemed to be simple to apply, and it was cheaper than other mineral makeups that I had looked into purchasing.

I received the 'medium' toned set, as I was told when I ordered that it was ideal for most Caucasian women. This set was far to dark for my very light toned skin, and looked almost orange, even with the lightest application. I called the company, who then sent me the 'light' toned set, completely free of charge. I tried using only the lighter of the two colors (which you receive in each kit), and even that was no where near the right shade. All of the Sheer Cover mineral makeup colors I tried had very yellow undertones, and my skin is primarily pink undertones, so it did not look natural. I again called the company, so that I could return both kits, and they offered to send me their new 'ultra-light' toned kit, again completely free of charge.

The 'ultra-light' toned kit was a much better match. I used the powdered minerals frequently, as they gave me fairly even coverage, so I didn't feel the need to use the cream concealer. The concealer doesn't seem to work too well on uneven skin (lines under eyes, slight bumps, etc.), as it ends up highlighting the blemish rather than concealing it. That said, it was worth the price for the powdered minerals alone, as they did a great job and lasted quite some time for me.

I really liked the ultra-light set, and my experience with their customer service absolutely blew me away - I never expected a company to send me three different products & not ask me to return the ones I previously received. However, it did take quite a long time on the phone with them to cancel the auto-shipments (I started ordering the make-up only when I needed it, and only the powders). They tried for about 15-20 minutes, offering me deals so that I would not cancel the shipments.


The other things I want to know before buying this or any skin care products are the ingredients and if it is cruelty free and it's good to see environmentally friendly packaging. I checked out Sheer Cover through their website.

I did find an ingredient list for their mineral makeup and checked on a couple of ingredients that I found boron nitride and bisabolol, ingredients that were a little different than other mineral makeup I have seen. Both of these ingredients are listed as low hazard by the Skin Deep Cosmetic Database. Of concern to those with sensitive skin was bismuth oxychloride which has been found to be an irritant for some individuals.(may cause rashes, breakouts etc.)

Ingredients list for Sheer Cover from website:

Mineral Foundations: Active Ingredients: Zinc Oxide (12.00%). Other Ingredients: Boron Nitride, Bisabolol, Aspalathus Linearis Leaf Extract, May Contain (+/-): Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

I did not find an ingredient list for the other products in their line or any info on animal testing.


No comments:

Post a Comment